An exciting opportunity has arisen in the operations department for a well-known groups tour specialist looking for an experienced Travel Operations Executive to join their friendly team. This award winning and long established tour operator offer high-quality group travel throughout the UK, Europe and beyond to the discerning clientele.
The Travel Operations Executive shall be responsible for making the necessary travel and visit arrangements to ensure groups travelling with our client have a smooth and rewarding time on their tour. This will involve liaising with the tour leader and accommodation suppliers along with the flight, rail and coach operators and overseas agents.
The main duties & responsibilities include
• Providing accurate itinerary arrangements
• Researching new destinations and visit programmes
• Once the group tour is confirmed, maintain contact with the client and resolve any issues that arise and deal with their queries
• Liaise with the tour leader regarding their itineraries
• Resolve problems related to a tour efficiently and professionally
• Make changes to itineraries as necessary
• Respond to sales enquiries as required
• Attend trade fairs and deliver presentations
• Confirm tours
• Negotiate rates and contracts with attractions and transport suppliers
• Research and source new suppliers
• Book visits and transport
• Carry out administration on confirmed tours
• Ensure payments are made to suppliers on time
• Research new destinations and visits as requested by prospective clients or by the Tours Manager
• Compile travel packs ensuring these are accurate and meet the client’s requirements
• Attend familiarisation trips or make inspection visits as required
To be considered for this role you must be from a groups travel background within a tour operator, have meticulous attention to detail and excellent communication skills. In return you shall be rewarded with a competitive salary, chance to travel to come exciting destinations, career progression, and the opportunity to work for a forward thinking and dynamic tour operator in which you will be rewarded for your hard work. Give your travel career a boost and send your cv to us today.