We are seeking an experienced Luxury Africa Travel Managing Director to join a highly bespoke travel company that arranges luxury trips throughout Africa based in London in a hybrid role.
This very dynamic role will be based in the UK but require frequent travel to Africa in order to build local relationships and partake in client trips.
Managing relationships with partners in local African communities as well as high-net-worth clients. To thrive in this role, you must be a dedicated travel manager from a tour operator background and an inspiring leader. The goal is to drive our clients development, build strong relationships and assist towards long-term success.
Luxury Africa Travel Managing Director Responsibilities:
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results
- Plan and implement highly detailed and personalised trip itineraries for clients
- Deepen existing client relationships and source new business opportunities
- Manage direct reports including company secretary and book-keeper
- Manage vendor and lodge relationships
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Collaborate with our CEO on multi-year plans for growth and evolution
- Oversee book-keeping, finances and operations with an aim of efficiency and profitability
- Frequent travel to the African continent for exploratory and client trips
- Manage website / graphic design and marketing products
- Extensive experience as a Managing Director or in other managerial position in the travel sector is essential with knowledge of Africa
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
Exciting opportunity for the right travel candidate.
To apply click APPLY NOW or email your cv to [email protected]
Do you have rewarding friends or colleagues? Refer and earn today! Recommend Platinum Travel Recruitment and we will reward you with £150 to spend. Don’t keep us a secret, share your knowledge with friends, family and colleagues. There is no limit to how many professionals you recommend. Spread the word and increase your earnings. It’s simple, for the reward, the candidate must not already be registered with us and once they obtain a role and pass probation, we shall transfer the funds into your account immediately. The great thing is that it’s really easy to do, anyone can make a referral and watch your income grow!