Our client is a global travel company that offer exciting trips across the globe for travellers, now seeking an experienced Head of Sales to lead their growing commercial team, reporting directly to the CCO.
The ideal candidate shall manage an already existing and highly successful, accommodation & travel team and spearhead the department’s new strategy and focus leading into 2019 and onwards.
The Travel & Accommodation team is responsible for the company’s global accommodation & travel needs, made up of commercial and partnership deals.
- Lead the department and set strategy and long-term vision, own the P&L and key financial deliverables, inspire the teams, support and direct the management team and strengthen our relationships with key clients and partners.
- Responsible for driving strong growth in ancillary sales i.e. accommodation, travel/transport, extras, insurance, etc.
- Identify trends and developments by researching industry and related events, publications and announcements.
- Ability to analyse and recommend pricing and product merchandising strategies.
- Understand consumers’ needs and work closely with the product team
- Responsible for marketing strategy & key product/dev decisions in relation to the travel & accommodation product.
- Have a deep understanding of driving new products into the Travel & Accommodation sector.
- Collaborate across different teams, ranging from commercial, operations to product.
- Over 5 years of strong strategy, sales experience, and delivery within consumer-facing global Travel/Accommodation companies is essential.
- Commercially driven thought leader and visionary for a new model and proposition development, able to clearly articulate vision, depth and commerciality.
- Extremely proficient in the trends, technology, customer requirements and key players of the Travel & Accommodation industry.
- Comfortable working with a product development team to find the best product/market fit for travel proposition.
- Negotiation skills and supplier management expertise.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
Benefits & Perks include:
- Generous bonus
- Discretionary flexible working from home
- Travel season ticket loan
- 15 sick days per annum
- Free breakfast
- Travel perks
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Employee financial wellness
- Free Perkbox account offering discounts & savings on hundreds of exclusive company perks
- Management training programme
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks at 4pm on Friday
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Plus many more…
Please note only suitable candidates with travel industry experience will be considered for this post.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted for this post.
To apply click APPLY NOW or email your cv to [email protected]
Do you have rewarding friends or colleagues? Refer and earn today! Recommend Platinum Travel Recruitment and we will reward you with £150 to spend. Don’t keep us a secret, share your knowledge with friends, family and colleagues. There is no limit to how many professionals you recommend. Speed the word and increase your earnings. It’s simple, for the reward, the candidate must not already be registered with us and once they obtain a role and pass probation, we shall transfer the funds into your account immediately. The great thing is that it’s really easy to do, anyone can make a referral and watch your income grow!