We are working exclusively with a successful luxury travel company who are now seeking an experienced Group Travel Head of Operations to join their team working remotely. This exciting opportunity is ideal for a current Head of Operations from a group leisure travel background, such as luxury travel, lifestyle or adventure tour operator from any part of the UK as the role is home based.
This highly successful travel company offers an array of destinations across the globe to travellers with a great reputation in the industry.
Group Travel Head of Operations Duties:
- Oversee operations of group trips, ensuring all objectives are met on time and on budget.
- Implement and develop a comprehensive and highly scalable operations strategy in line with business objectives.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of the Operations team including trip management, supplier contracting and guest support.
- Scale the operations team, overseeing recruitment, training, KPI management, performance reviews and career development.
- Oversee suppliers, ensure Health & Safety standards met or exceeded, maintain supplier database and develop and manage business relationships with key partners.
- Own and manage relationships with local DMCs including the drafting and oversight of SLAs.
- Oversee program of independent, freelance guides.
- Oversee trip budgeting, pricing, and post-trip reconciliation.
Group Travel Head of Operations Essential Requirements:
- Extensive experience in leading an Operations department (DMC or tour operator) focused on packaged group travel.
- Strong and proven leadership skills.
- Experience managing small or large international group departures.
- Experience overseeing stakeholder NPS scores, a key KPI for the role.
- Experience onboarding, managing, and training employees, including operations coordinators, trip planners, guest support, and freelance guides.
- Experience onboarding, managing, negotiating, contracting, and training suppliers and DMCs worldwide.
- Superior knowledge of international destinations worldwide and a strong network of local experts.
- Experience implementing an Incident Management strategy ideal but not essential.
- Foreign language skills ideal but not essential.
Generous salary, bonus and benefits are on offer. Salary negotiable depending on experience.
To apply click APPLY NOW or email your cv to [email protected]
Do you have rewarding friends or colleagues? Refer and earn today! Recommend Platinum Travel Recruitment and we will reward you with £150 to spend. Don’t keep us a secret, share your knowledge with friends, family and colleagues. There is no limit to how many professionals you recommend. Speed the word and increase your earnings. It’s simple, for the reward, the candidate must not already be registered with us and once they obtain a role and pass probation, we shall transfer the funds into your account immediately. The great thing is that it’s really easy to do, anyone can make a referral and watch your income grow.